History of the settlement
Seliana-Felloi due to its geographical location and the existence of trails and other crossings has been the center of association of the mountainous settlements of Aigeira, with their respective Akrata, Kalavryta, Eurostini, Tripolis, Feneos, etc. throughout history. she always enjoyed special privilege and treatment.
Less well known features in the outside area are the existence and operation of 1 charcoal furnace, 5 watermills & 1 sawmill until 1940, the operation of 3 Doctors-Pharmacies by 1940, the 4 clubs, the famous theatrical performances (with Shakespeare works in 1900) residents' busy commercial-craft activities (catering to the whole area, proximity and employment to the famous Sarantapichos Hotel (with an airport until 1940), the large unexplored stalactite cave ``Chuchlia``, the production of local variety As a wine cellar (has stopped), the production of tsipouro, many threshing floors, rich fauna (birds, mammals, etc.), small livestock breeding and cheese production, rich agricultural production of apples, pears, cherries, horticultural and horticultural products, flourishing between 1700-1900 and the development of the village into the capital of the former municipality of Felloi (from 1834 to 1912), etc.
History of the Municipality of Felloi
After the liberation and despite all the hardships suffered by the inhabitants from the Roman occupation until the Revolution against the Turks, the ancient name ``FELLOI`` was preserved in the memory of the inhabitants of the village. The name ``FELLOI`` officially returns on 28 December 1834 with the first administrative division of the Greek State, where the Municipality of Felloi is established with the capital of Seliana. The municipalities of Felloi also belonged to the villages of Vergouvitsa, Rahova, Perithori, Svyrou, Vella and Syvros (named after their names).
The Municipality of Felloi was the second in population and chronological order after the Municipality of Patras and followed by the Municipality of Clitoria (Census data: 1879 = 3,148 inhabitants, 1889 = 2,229 inhabitants, 1896 = 3,189 inhabitants, 1907 = 2,920 inhabitants).
The spiritual and economic boom in the region led to the creation of the first Free Greek School in Rahova known as the ``Rahoviti School`` with the money of Rahoviti benefactor Panoutsopoulos on the road from Rahova to Vella.
In Seliana, a Primary School was established a little later and operated until 1903, at the home of the ``Spai`` (tax collector) and a former Turkish Guard in the area (now the house of Argyriades).
In 1912, with the new administrative division, the Municipalities were dissolved and communities were again created. Since then, many have claimed the name FELOI on their behalf, believing that the ancient crowd is in their area.
Today, with the official location of the site as an archaeological site by the Ministry of Culture, no such issue exists and the village of Seliana is intertwined with Ancient Felloi.
Seliana also highlighted in her modern history names and spiritual people who left their mark throughout the wider region. Examples are the doctors / mayors whose homes are rescued in Seliana, George Maragopoulos, George Lambropoulos, George Karavelas and Konstantinos Lampropoulos.
But there were many other well-known Selianites such as the benefactors Katie and Theodoropoulos, the social activists with their participation in the Selianitic troupe and cultural club: Aristidis Kapsabelis, Nikolis Tsoudoulos, Stoitouos Tsakonos, Stoitouos Tsakonas, , etc. These people, from the second half of the 19th century until 1953, made Seliana a pioneer village of social, cultural and charitable creation among all the villages of Eastern Aegean.
In particular, the theater was an important part of the cultural activity of the Selianites. Shakespeare's works as well as the legendary ``Golf`` were in the repertoire of Seliana's amateur actresses, while the outdoor theater was located in the threshing floor behind the Elementary School.
One should not erase the memory of any cellist, the theatrical performance given in the winter of 1952 to the cellist. With the proceeds of the proceeds, shovels and cashmere tools were purchased to build the 17th Aegira-Selianna Provincial Road.
Distinctive features of the settlement
...are the rich vegetation, the fertile soil, the centuries-old plane trees, the many springs, the running waters, the adjoining forest with its rich hunting, the small plains, the 60-70 stone houses (still surviving) `` Barbarians and Epirus' masters up to 300 years old, the 13 churches of the village, the monotonous stone bridge (1895-1905) of the river Krios, the 16 stone fountains, the historic monastery of Ag. Apostles (Byzantine style of the 17th century with a wood-carved iconostasis of 1743) that has been preserved as a monument at an altitude of 850m, the scattered traces of the ancient settlement (findings of which are exhibited at the Aegean Archaeological Museum), the elementary school 190, view of river valley, forest game farm, etc.
There is a trend of returning residents (permanent and vacationers) to Seliana, as the 1971 census shows 171 residents and 305 in 2000. The activity of the Felloi Association in the wider area stimulated the building activity and encouraged the youth to stay in the settlement.
Felloi - Seliana - Selianitika
The word ``Sellianitics`` is an aggressive designation of the actual ``houses.``
The Selianites - Celloites led by Douni chose the area of ``Kryovrysi`` in Aigio, where the Selianitika is today (1st exit of the New Athens-Patras National Highway after Aegio).
It was followed by the Pera-Neitonites, who arranged to bring with them the parish of St. Basil, the oldest church in Seliana. As a result, we find in the Selianitika as patron saint of the town the Church of St. Basil.
The Selianitika have been a trading center for the region since the beginning of the century, since they traded even by sea with settlements up to Roumeli (eg the inhabitants of Marathi, etc.).
The Cultural Association of Selliana ``I Felloi``
It was founded in 1988 in Athens and its main purpose is the reunification of the Selianites. It functioned as a continuation of the inactive Selianana (Cultural - Theatrical - Hunting Clubs) inactive. ``Felloi`` has 150 regular members and holds at least 3 events per year (mainly during the summer months) such as the Cherry Festival, with a Theatrical Performance ( help from local theater companies), and an event that is once again the Annual Dance in Athens, or an Easter celebration. In total about 2500 people attend the events each year.
Some of the works of the Association are: the creation of a Square in the central Church of the village with sports and lighting, the installation of two playgrounds, the installation of rubbish bins throughout the settlement, the creation of 2 stone fountains and a stone monument, and a continuous monument. view of the settlement.
The objectives of the Association are: the creation of a lending library, the operation of a Cultural Center, the Impression and Study of the renovation of all the monuments of the settlement, the characterization of the settlement as ``Traditional``, its incorporation into a ``regeneration`` status, etc.